No Gravity, No Touch, No Sound & No Sight
Your tranquil FYN floatation experience will give you the ability to refocus, relax and drift off into a meditative state of mind. By entering a sensory deprived environment, the FYN Float can help you reset and improve your mental and physical well-being.
With no external stimuli coming in, your brain stops worrying about all the background tasks that usually keep it occupied. Deadlines, anxiety and stress begin to fade away.
As a result, your fight-or-flight response gets to take a break and steps out of the limelight. In turn, your body lowers the production of adrenaline and cortisol. Studies show signs that your dopamine and endorphin levels rise, giving you a natural mood high that often lasts for days.
Floatation Therapy For Improved Physical Health
Floating in our sensory deprivation tank benefits a variety of your normal bodily functions. The epsom salts help to dull your aches and pains, aiding muscle recovery. This may lead you to require less downtime between training sessions and ultimately leave you feeling stronger.
- Pain reduction (ex: rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle/joint tension, headaches, back injury, autoimmune disorders)
- Muscle and joint repair and recovery post injury
- Anti-gravity environment reduces sensation of physical strain on body
- Improves quality of skin / detoxification
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Increases immune system functioning
Floatation Therapy For Improved Mental State
Floating helps to release deep muscular tension; this starts a chain reaction that spreads through the body to every organ, tissue and cell.
Blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension and oxygen consumption (cell metabolism) return to healthy levels. In addition, quantities of harmful stress-induced hormones such as cortisol are reduced in the bloodstream, enhancing emotional wellbeing.
The level of T-cells rises in the bloodstream, strengthening the immune system. Lastly, the brain releases several endorphins as it relaxes deeply into the theta state, relieving fatigue and chronic pain.
- Decrease anxiety and stress
- Assists with behaviour modification (ex: quitting addictions)
- Release of endorphins
- Improved cognitive functioning and mental clarity
- Improved sleep
- Assistance button located inside float tank (right side when floating) if needed.
- Please mind your step inside float room due to it being a wet room.
- Be aware that temperature of shower may be to hot or cold when stepping in.
- You are able to have float lid open when floating if you feel more comfortable.
- Please make staff aware if you have any open wounds before treatment start.
- Use of float with hair extensions is not recommended
*Please shower before and after use of float.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many people are surprised to learn Epsom salt is not true salt. Epsom salt does not flavour food. Epsom salt does not contain sodium; it is used for medical and relaxation purposes, such as soothing overworked muscles.
It is a compound of magnesium and sulphate. Epsom salt can flush toxins from the body and produce proteins in joints and brain tissue. The extra proteins often help heal injuries and improve cognition, memory, and concentration.
Epsom salt is used in floatation tanks to facilitate buoyancy and enhance sensory deprivation. The relative density of Epsom salt in a tank is about 1.25, which helps you feel weightless and keeps your nose and mouth above the water so you can breathe easily.
When you float in a tank filled with Epsom salt, you will replenish the magnesium naturally occurring in your body. Magnesium regulates many biochemical reactions and plays a role in over 300 natural bodily functions. Regular floating sessions can protect you from the physical pain and complications associated with magnesium deficiency.
Absolutely. Some people may prefer to float while the lid is open. The lid is operated on hydraulic pins and will not automatically close.
The pod features two air buttons inside the float chamber. One button turns the LED lighting on/off, and the other is an SOS button that transmits an alert to a wireless sounder in the reception area. You may customise the assistance alert to your requirements; for example, you could configure it to say “Assistance required in float room one”.